55th Commission on the Status of Women (CSW)
Mar/02/2011, Wednesday, 10:00 – 11:30am
Location: Main Auditorium Room, Salvation Army Building (221E. 52nd St. New York, NY 10022)
Won Buddhism UN Office and eight co-sponsoring organizations will host the Gender Dividend Workshop on Wednesday morning, March 2nd, 2011. A parallel event to the 55th Commission on the Status of Women (CSW), this workshop will begin with the screening of a 10-minutes documentary at 10:00 am.
The panel will focus on the Gender Dividend: the profitability of Investing in Women, a declaration approved during the G20 Women Leaders Summit, in Seoul, South Korea.
Adopted by a group of women leaders, change-makers and activists from various countries and walks of life this document calls for:
- Financial support for UN Women;
- Use of gender sensitive budgeting at the national level;
- Funding to enable women to participate in all spheres of influence and decision-making;
- Funding of programs and services to eliminate violence against women in all forms;
- Establishment of a high-level working group within the G20 to review, develop and report gender impact assessments of financial policies.
The organizers are working to promote this document and expand its constituency in order to make it a valuable tool for women’s emancipation in the 21st century.
We look forward to your participation and hope that you will spread the word.
Designed Wisdom | Temple of Understanding | United Religions Initiative | Franciscans International
Source of Synergy Foundation | International Federation of Women in Legal Careers
East West Association of Sikh Women for World Peace | Muslim Women’s Institute for Research and Development